Sunday, May 1, 2011

My friend Jack

It occurs to me that I have never kept a blog before, and don't really know what to write in it. So for now I will just post photos of mine and attempt to explain the story behind them.



Black-tailed Jackrabbit (Lepus californicus) photographed through my spotting scope in Texas 

I met this fellow while doing a regular survey back in Texas. Typically, the jackrabbits are startled by our presence, and would run away as fast as possible. This individual chose to stay put, and watched me intently as I set up my spotting scope and retrieved my digital camera from my pack.

 In case you don't know I spent the last 6 months on Padre Island, TX. I recently moved to Vermillion, SD.  I grew rather accustomed to the warm weather, and spending my free time on the beach. Now I am back to wearing winter hats and gloves everyday. Sometimes my migratory lifestyle has some drawbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment