Sunday, July 17, 2011

The 5:30 a.m. wake up ...

During the work week I wake up at 4:30 am (5:30 eastern time).

Ordinarily, this is a good thing. I wake up, I have some tea, do some yoga, and am ready to face the day ahead.

On days off and VACATIONNNNN it would be NICE to be able to sleep in a little. I have tried staying up extra late, taking Tylenol p.m. , drinking wine, not setting alarms, etc. but noooooo. My body still insists on waking up at 4:30 (5:30 eastern) It is sad when sleeping until 6 is considered "sleeping in".

Moral of the story- I am on vacation, and don't have to be anywhere at 6 am, so why can't my body cut me some slack and let me sleep???

It is currently 5:30 am here in Providence, Rhode Island. I should be sleeping in and relaxing but instead I am wide awake writing on this damn blog. At least when this happened yesterday in CT I had some company. My favorite 5 year old in the world also has problems sleeping in. He tends to wake up very early on his own. When he came down at 5:30 we both tried to sleep in a little more. When that didn't work we watched some videos, made breakfast and laid on the couch together. Not only did I get to spend some quality time with my favorite 5 year old, but I had some company during my early morning insomnia period.

Any helpful sleep extending suggestions people???

No comments:

Post a Comment